Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Early Retirement
















This post isn't as over due as the last (but I think I skipped over some stuff in the middle :)

Again travelling for work, I made my way down to Orlando for a couple weeks. Because I had to stay over the weekend, I got to miss the big storm.

But because I had to stay over the weekend I had to entertain myself too. I took a trip over to Universal Studios' City Walk - yeah, if you are thinking about going, make sure to wait until night fall. It wasn't much fun at 3pm on a Sunday. Apart from Sunday afternoon, I had a good time though. Got to know some folks from work a little better, met up with my cousin, and caught up with an old buddy (What's up, Arlon-Glenn!).

One of the funny things I noticed though: radio is radio, no matter where you go ...or what language it's in. I was jamming to 100.3, a spanish radio station, most of my trip. I "speak" a little spanish, but definitely not fluent yet. However, I was still able to tell that the same songs were on heavy rotation as well. By the end of the two weeks, I was humming along! :)

Now it's back to the cold. (But I still love me some East Coast. Snow and all.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You would have had more fun at Downtown Disney (even on a Sunday afternoon)...guess who