Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lame Duck Session (Part 3)

...and then there were four.

Yay Michaela!!

Michaela, who teaches in the public schools of NYC, served notice this morning. While sharing Molly's, Adrienne's, and my sentiments, she was very professional - resignation letter and all.

I am sad to see NYC schools lose such a wonderful person from their teaching ranks. It is a symptom of the larger problem, which causes such talented people to be miserable and runs them out. But that's neither here nor there (for this post ;). In the mean time...

Congratulations Michaela!! I am so happy for you. Welcome to the flock!

So grows the NIQMJD celebration. :)

Cheers.

In other news:
I know of a few other people from my current job who will be leaving soon to pursue higher education. I can't say who just yet, but rest assured there are more lame ducks out there waiting to join the flock.

I also know of a hyphy duckling in the Bay who is trying to be lame as soon as possible. Big ups to Driver B in the struggle. Solidarity sister! ...ghostride the whip.

No comments: