Monday, July 11, 2005

Exit Row Seating

Click here to read an article regarding the emergency exit row on airplanes.

For those who don't know, I am 6'6". This poses significant problems in area of leg room. Thank goodness for the emergency exit row on airplanes!! I have made it my home for many of flights.


On the red-eye back from San Francisco (see my next post for pictures :) to Philly I was stuck in the "regular" seats because the exit rows were all taken. I was quickly reminded why I try to show up extra early for the exits. I don't fit - well, technically I just barely fit - in the regular seats. Needless to say I wasn't comfortable enough to sleep.


I am sure it would be a comical sight to see me squished in the tiny seat. I should have taken a picture :)

Anyway, after I got home I read the article referenced above and felt vindicated - it was actually kind of ironic. (To be honest I thought about going to the exit rows when I was getting on my plane and calling out all of the people who would not meet the qualifications :)


Not to belittle short people, but next time you guys feel the need "leg room" on a flight, think about those of us 6'6" and above you are truly desperate for a few more inches for our knees' sake. Thanks.

1 comment:

Kelley Nicole said...

They always say "remember the little people." In this case, it's quite the opposite. : ) For all the Quincy's out there, please folks, have a heart!